There are several Bellaire Club members celebrating their AA birthdays in August. Here’s a list of those milestones of sobriety and celebrations:
- Open Door
- Isaac W., six years
- Ed, with 20 years; Ben B., with 8 years, and Eva Castillo, with 1 year
- Women’s ER
- Kim P., with 2 years
- Sunday Noon
- Rick W., with 10 years
- Kim P., with 2 years
Also, our very own Jimmy S. will celebrate 28 years of sobriety. And, we will always remember Steve Carothers, who got sober in August, 1985.
A great way to honor these celebrants on their AA anniversaries is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club. Gift cards are available from one of our great coffee bar helpers, Adele B., Shana K. or Teresa D.
CELEBRATE LABOR DAY
Take time out during your day off to attend a fabulous Labor Day Celebration The food and fun starts at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 6. There will be hot dogs for sale, complete with all the trimmings, an old-fashioned ice cream social with ice cream and fixings; and the award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie, “My Name is Bill W.,” will be shown. If you’d like to volunteer to bring a side dish, or to help with set-up or clean-up: please see the sign-up sheets near the coffee bar or talk to Coach B.
Robert P. is the August chairman of the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. Leading this week is Arch A.
Russell C. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting in August and the leader Sunday August 22 will be Peggy S.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
EVEN MORE NEWS!
A tip of the old chapeau to Jane E., for designing the flyers and sign-up sheets for the Labor Day Celebration. Also, thanks to Coach B. for the poster!
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are now $20 per month. Or, you can pay for an entire year for just $200. Chairing a meeting for the month? Got plans for leaders or speakers? Let the newsletter editor know what’s happening at your meeting! Send all e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know? ” — Steven Wright