Want to get the Newsletter by email? Click here to Subscribe.
Beat the heat and come on over to the Bellaire Club for a meeting, a cool drink of Topo Chico, good fellowship and air-conditioning! There’s something for everyone at the BC!
Annual membership meeting and election
Please mark you calendars now for the August 14 general membership meeting. A new board of directors for the Bellaire Club will be elected.
If you have at least one year sobriety, are a Club Member, and are interested in service work, consider having your name placed in nomination for the Board of Trustees. Currently the term is for two years. Trustees make sure the doors stay open, the lights stay on, and the coffee gets poured. Contact a current Board member or sign up at the coffee bar. The meeting is next Saturday, and it will be held at 1 p.m., right after the Saturday noon meeting.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are now $20 per month. Or, you can pay for an entire year for just $200.
Chairing a meeting for the month? Got plans for leaders or speakers? Going to bring scrumptious sweets? Let the newsletter editor know what’s happening at your meeting! Send all e-mails to email@example.com.
Robert P. will be the August leader for the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m.
Russell C. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting in August and the leader Sunday August 8 will be Rebecca G.
- The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday meetings of the 12 & 12 Group are a “12 & 12 Study”. The Big Book study is on Sunday night.
- The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also meetings daily at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Hope Floats Alanon Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on Mondays in Room 2.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
AA Around Town
The XXII Houston Roundup for CFC Intergroup will be held Saturday, August 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be good food, fun and fellowship. Check it out, at The Houston Council on Alcohol and Drugs, located at 303 Jackson Hill St. in Houston.
“Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. “ — Ernest Hemingway
“Insist on Enjoying Life!”