The semi-annual Bellaire Club Yard Sale is coming up soon, so start cleaning out your closets, cupboards and garages for good stuff we can sell to support the Club. We’re looking for gently used items from clothes to toys to electronics. Also, we need club members who own stand-alone clothing racks to let us borrow them for the big day, which is Saturday, October 16. The sale will be held from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the parking lot of the Club, at 6701 Dunlap. Volunteers also are needed to help set up, work the sale and help with packing up unsold items.
This is a much-needed fundraiser for the Bellaire Club, so start bringing your items the week of October 9. And, because we “insist on enjoying life,” mark your calendars to attend. Great shopping bargains are just a small part of the day; plenty of coffee, doughnuts and fellowship are the best deals!
And, mark your calendars for the Halloween Spookghetti and Drunk, Dark Poets night, to be held on Saturday, October 30.
Arch A. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. This week’s leader will be Russ.
Arch is also chairing the Sunday Noon meeting. Mark Z. will lead this week.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
It’s a new month, so if you’re celebrating your AA birthday, please sign up and let us know which meetings you’ll attend. Please use your first name and last initial, and be sure to tell us which meeting you plan to celebrate your important milestone of sobriety.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” — Deepak Chopra
We insist on enjoying life!