Take off your white shoes and take time out during your day off to celebrate Labor Day at the Bellaire Club. The food and fun starts at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 6. There will be watermelon, hot dogs for sale, complete with all the trimmings, an old-fashioned ice cream social with ice cream and fixings; and the award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie, “My Name is Bill W.,” will be shown. Bring a little (or a lot) of cash, the Bellaire Club needs your support!
If you’d like to volunteer to bring a side dish, or to help with set-up or clean-up: please see the sign-up sheets near the coffee bar or talk to Coach B.
Robert P. will continue to chair the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. this month.
Mary F. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting in September. Leading this week’s meeting is Erik.
- The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
AA Around the Area
The AA Spirit of Houston Conference is being held this weekend, Sept. 3-5, at the Sheraton Houston Brookhollow, 300 North Loop West. This is the 25th annual conference. There will be speakers, entertainment, a dance and plenty of fellowship. To learn more, go to http://www.spiritofhouston.org.
If you’re celebrating your AA birthday, please sign up and let us know which meetings you’ll attend. Use the big white board in the big meeting room.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year.
The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining.
Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail email@example.com.
“Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” — Simone de Beauvoir
We insist on enjoying life!
Bellaire Club 6701 Dunlap Houston, Texas 77074 713-771-3370