A great big “THANK YOU” to Coach B. and Mary F and the women’s ER Group – as all as all the other volunteers and contributors – who made our Labor Day celebration a huge success. The food was great, the sundaes were heavenly, and the movie was excellent. Good times were had by a larger-than-anticipated crowd – a sure sign that good things are happening at the lively Bellaire Club.
Thanks too to all who participated and played during the open mike portion of the activities.
Last but not least, thanks to everybody who attended. The fellowship was fabulous.
Stay tuned here for news about activities that will happen every month at the Bellaire Club. Plans are already in the works for October’s Halloween Party. We’re thinking Drunk Poets and then, maybe, more music!
Even More News
This missive came from our very own coffee bar staffer Jimi S., who recently celebrated 28 years of sobriety, after several months of hospitalization for back surgery:
“It’s been five months now and I sure miss my family, meetings, fellowship and the sharing: a true sign that our Higher Power loves us all equally. Now I am going to have to be patient a little longer, for you see I will be going to Boston, Mass., to have my back closed up by a team of three specialist doctors. Should anyone need more information…please see Coach for my cell number. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Love and prayers always. I miss you all.”
Hang in there!
Robert P. will continue to chair the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. this month.
Mary F. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting in September.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
AA Around the Area
The Bellaire Club is answering the Intergroup phones this weekend, Sept. 10 to 12.
If you’re celebrating your AA birthday, please sign up and let us know which meetings you’ll attend. Use the big white board in the big meeting room. Please use your first name and last initial, and be sure to tell us which meeting you plan to celebrate your important milestone of sobriety.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Some people need to pay their dues – you know who you are!
Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail email@example.com.
“Sometimes, I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. “ – Rita Rudner
We insist on enjoying life!
Bellaire Club 6701 Dunlap Houston, Texas 77074 713-771-3370