Get ready for a Yard Sale and “Spookghetti”
Mark your calendar and march into your closets for the semi-annual Bellaire Club Yard Sale, which will be held Saturday, October 16. We need clean, usable clothes, electronics, household items, toys, furniture, you-name-it, we’ll sell it! Start clearing out stuff and the Bellaire Club will clean up!
We’ll need volunteers to set up, work the sale, and pack up any leftovers. The sale will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot of the club. Sign-up sheets will be posted soon at the coffee bar.
After the fundraiser, there will be a fun-raiser on Saturday, October 30, with a Halloween Spaghetti Dinner and Drunk Poets Society! The dinner starts at 6:30 p.m., and the poetry readings and open mike night will get going at about 8 p.m. You can wear a costume to read scary poems and sing blood-curdling ballads. Stay tuned for details, we’ll need help from volunteer chefs, poets, bakers and decorators!
Here’s a list of all the Bellaire Club folks celebrating their AA birthdays this month:
Jim D., six years; Patricia S., 22 years; Gabby G., three years; Helen W., six years; Alyssa W., one year; Skip W., 10 years, and Georgia T., 12 years.
Robert P. will continue to chair the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. Leading this week’s meeting will be Fran B.
Mary F. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting. The leader this week will be Jim D.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
If you’re celebrating your AA birthday, please sign up and let us know which meetings you’ll attend. Please use your first name and last initial, and be sure to tell us which meeting you plan to celebrate your important milestone of sobriety.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Some people need to pay their dues – you know who you are!
Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Start every day with a smile and get it over with.” – W. C. Fields
We insist on enjoying life!
Bellaire Club 6701 Dunlap Houston, Texas 77074 713-771-3370