There are several September birthdays at the Bellaire Club. Here’s a list of celebrants:
- Mary A., 23 years
- Jim D., six years
- Helen W., six years
- Alyssa W. one year
- Sunday Noon
- Patricia S., with 22 years
- Gabby G. with three years
We’ve Just Begun
- Skip W., with 10 years
- Georgia T., with 12 years
- Also celebrating is Dimas with 29 years.
Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting of the month. A great way to recognize these celebrants is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club. Gift cards are available at the coffee bar.
News about Events
The semi-annual Bellaire Club Yard Sale will be held Saturday, October 16. We need clean, usable clothes, electronics, household items, toys, furniture, you-name-it, we’ll sell it!
Start clearing out your stuff and the Bellaire Club will make some much-needed revenue. You can start dropping off your donations the week of October 10, or all day on October 15.
We’ll need volunteers to set up, work the sale, and pack up any leftovers. The sale will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot of the club.
The Halloween Spookghetti Spectacular will be October 30. After a $5 all-you-can eat spaghetti supper, stick around for the Dark Poetry and Open Mike Night. Scary poetry and ballads will be the entertainment, costumes are encouraged!
There’ll be a dessert auction of trick-or-treat-themed cakes and pies during breaks in the entertainment!
Robert P. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m.
Mary F. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting. The leader of this week’s birthday meeting will be Fran B.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
AA Around Town
A “Sponsorship Workshop” will be held Saturday, Sept. 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Fort Bend Council, 10435 Greenbough, Suite 250, Houston, TX 77477. There will be 12 Step Skits, Ask It Basket, a recovery performance by Miss Whitney, sponsor and sponsee stories (volunteers please). Food will be provided, so be sure to bring your appetite! Feel free to bring a side dish or dessert.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Some people need to pay their dues – you know who you are!
If you’re celebrating your AA birthday, please sign up on the big white board. We’ll let everybody know about your important milestone Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail email@example.com.
“To have great poets, there must be great audiences.” — Walt Whitman