A great big “thank you” to all the Bellaire Club members and supporters who organized, volunteered and shopped the Yard Sale. It was a huge success, raising $537.70 in much-needed cash for the club!
Special kudos to Mary F. and Larry A., for their very hard work on the sale. Mary organized volunteers, arrived in the pre-dawn darkness to coordinate setting up the sale and stayed to work the customers. Larry A. built some very handy clothes racks that boosted sales of new and gently used clothing. Thanks, too, to the volunteers who hauled away all the left-overs! It was a well-organized and successful fundraiser.
There are 100 years of sobriety being celebrated this month by members of the Bellaire Club. Be sure to put your name on the big board if you’re also celebrating.
At the Sunday noon meeting, we will recognize Bryce G. with 28 years; Jane E. with 22 years; Fran B. with 21 years and Candi E. with 20 years. At the Women’s ER meeting, Dusty will celebrate eight years. Leo D. will celebrate one year of sobriety at the Open Door meeting.
A great way to honor the celebrants is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club. (Consider adding up all these years and help out the financially-strapped club!) Gift cards are available at the coffee bar.
Spookghetti and Poetry
It’s time to start planning your costumes and preparing your poetry for the Halloween Spookghetti and Drunk Dark Poets night, which will be held October 30th at the Bellaire Club. A $5 spaghetti supper will be held before the evening’s entertainment, an open mike for poetry reading and music. There also will be a dessert auction of scary concoctions. Costumes are encouraged! Come for an evening of good eats, treats and great entertainment! The club needs your support!
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Welcome to new and returning members!
Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russ L. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m.
Arch A. is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting. Chairing this week is Ann N.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
“One reason why I don’t drink is because I wish to know when I am having a good time.” — Nancy Astor