Get ready for the semi-annual Bellaire Club Yard Sale, which is being held Saturday, October 16, 2010! The sale will be from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot at 6701 Dunlap. We need your gently used, sellable items: electronics, household items, knick-knacks, toys, and clothes! You can start dropping off your stuff for the sale starting October 11; just be sure to get them to the club by October 15.
The sale is a much-needed fundraiser for the Bellaire Club, so plan on donating, volunteering and shopping! Come for the bargains and enjoy coffee, doughnuts and fellowship!
Spookghetti and Poetry
Don’t forget to start researching some scary poems and planning your costume for the Halloween Spookghetti and Drunk Dark Poets night, which will be held October 30th at the Bellaire Club. A spaghetti supper will be held before the evenings’ entertainment, with an open mike for poetry reading and music. There also will be a dessert auction of scary concoctions. Costumes are encouraged!
The Board of Trustees of the Bellaire Club will meet at 11 a.m. October 16, during the yard sale.
If you are celebrating your AA birthday in October (and a lot of people are), please sign up and let us know. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Please put your first name and last initial, and the number of years you have been sober on the big white board. And be sure to tell us where you plan to celebrate!
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail email@example.com.
Russ L. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. This week’s leader will be Bill E.
Arch A. is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting. Peggy S. will lead this week.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
We insist on enjoying life!
Bellaire Club – 6701 – Dunlap Houston, Texas 77074 – 713-771-3370