It’s time for the semi-annual Bellaire Club Yard Sale! Plenty of great stuff will be for sale Saturday, October 16, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot at 6701 Dunlap. You can still drop off gently used, sellable items: electronics, household items, knick-knacks, toys, and clothes. Bring your unwanted treasures to the club by Friday, October 15.
The sale is a much-needed fundraiser for the Bellaire Club, so plan on donating, volunteering and shopping! Come for the bargains and enjoy coffee, doughnuts and fellowship!
There are nearly 100 years of sobriety being celebrated this month by members of the Bellaire Club. Be sure to put your name on the big board if you’re also celebrating.
At the Sunday noon meeting, we will recognize Bryce G. with 28 years; Jane E. with 22 years; Fran B. with 21 years and Candi E. with 20 years. At the Women’s ER meeting, Dusty will celebrate eight years.
A great way to honor the celebrants is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club. Gift cards are available at the coffee bar.
The Board of Trustees of the Bellaire Club will meet at 11 a.m. October 16, during the yard sale.
Spookghetti and Poetry
Don’t forget to plan your costumes and preparing your poetry for the Halloween Spookghetti and Drunk Dark Poets night, which will be held October 30th at the Bellaire Club. A spaghetti supper will be held before the evening’s entertainment, with an open mike for poetry reading and music. There also will be a dessert auction of scary concoctions. Costumes are encouraged!
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russ L. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m. This week’s leader will be Bill E.
Arch A. is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting. Chairing this week is Andy G.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schultz