IT’S ALREADY TIME TO START TALKING TURKEY.
That’s right; another Bellaire Club tradition – the annual Thanksgiving Day celebration and dinner – will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 25. A turkey dinner with all the trimmings will be served right after a special Thanksgiving meeting chaired by Coach B. at noon. After dinner, (and of course, pumpkin pie with plenty of coffee) stick around for the Christmas tree decorating party! We’ll haul out all the ornaments from past years and have supplies for new ones for our newest members of the fellowship.
Here’s what we need: plenty of volunteers to bring side dishes and/or desserts; helpers to set up and clean up; and a $5 donation for the best turkey dinner in town. Escape your relatives (or, bring them along) for a rocking good start to the holiday season!
Congratulations to all the birthday people! Already signed up to celebrate are Tony W. with 10 years; Christine F. with one year; Mark Z. with 21 years; Manny L. with 23 years; Milton P. with 18 years and Andy G. with 10 years. That’s 83 total years of sobriety.
Be sure to put your name on the big white board, tell us where you’ll celebrate and your friends can honor you with a contribution to the club in your honor! Gift cards are available at the coffee bar. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month.
Chairing the Women’s ER meeting this month is Ann N. The leader this week will be Dusty.
Arch A. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting. Leading this week at 12:15 will be Peggy S.
The chair of the Sunday Noon meeting is Jane E. The leader this week will be Candi E.
* The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
* The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining. Got news for this newsletter? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.“ — Buddha