WE HAVE LOST OUR LEASE!
Please attend the meeting to learn more about the Board of Trustees’ efforts to locate a new home for the Bellaire Club.
The landlord of the club has notified us in writing that they will exercise a lease option to terminate our lease effective February 28, 2011. That gives us about 90 days to find a new home. We’ve been in our present location for 15 years. But the landlord has a new tenant taking a large section of the shopping center for: a thrift store. It’s a done deal. We’ve got to move
The board held an emergency meeting Tuesday and appointed a committee, which will be headed by Ed. B., to start scouting new locations. Members of the committee are Coach B., Rick W. and Jeff T. They will work with our present landlord, and will look at all other locations suggested by members of the Club.
If you see a place that’s for lease, looks like it might rent for about $1,500 per month and would be in a location in our area, here’s what to do: write down the specifics of the location, (address, phone number on the sign, etc.) and drop your suggestion in the black mailbox just inside the door of the Bellaire Club. President Mark Z. will forward those ideas to the committee.
Or, you can e-mail your suggestions to email@example.com and they’ll get to to Ed. B and the search comittee.
Keep updated on the status of the search with the newsletter or at http://bellaireclub.org
Please attend the general membership meeting to learn more. Be sure to bring positive ideas for a new home for the Bellaire Club.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. The club always needs new and returning members, so please consider joining.
Birthdays in AA are celebrated at the last meeting of the month. Please be sure to write your name, years of sobriety and where you plan to celebrate on the big white board in the big meeting room. Gift cards to honor celebrants are available at the coffee bar.
While there’s still time, plans are underway for a happy holiday season at the Bellaire Club. There will be a special Christmas Eve meeting at 11 p.m. Friday, December 24. Arch A. will chair and Mark Z. will be the leader.
Plans are being made for Christmas Day festivities, as well as the annual New Year’s Eve bash.
This week, there’ll be the usual Friday $2 meeting. Arch A. will chair and Ed B. will lead.
David is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting in December and has already lined up a group of great leaders. This week, the leader will be Mary F.
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. – Gail Sheeh