Negotiations continue for the Bellaire Club’s new home. We’re trying to work out the details on built-out and HVAC repairs needed on space in the Maplewood Mall, located on Beechnut between Hillcroft and Pontiac. The space is a former dance studio at the east end of the shopping center that is home to Foodarama. The location would offer ample meeting space and includes two bathrooms and space for a coffee bar/kitchen. Stay tuned here for updates.
There are (at last tally) an amazing 143 years of sobriety being celebrated this month at the Bellaire Club. Congratulations to all of the celebrants. Here they are:
- Arch A., 30 years
- Robert P., 28 years
- Anne Marie K, 27 years
- Greg A., five years
- James B. with 13 years
Tuesday Big Book
- Jonathan L., 21 years
- Pearlie C., 12 years
- Julie F., one year
- Pat P., one year
- Sunny, 8 years
Also celebrating is Mary P.H. with seven years.
Remember to sign up for birthday celebrations on the big white board. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Gift cards are a great way to recognize celebrants and they’re available at the coffee bar.
The Sunday Noon meeting is being chaired by Victoria H. The leader for Sunday’s birthday meeting will be Jeff T.
Jane E. will fill in Friday for Fran B. as chair of the Friday $2 meeting, since Fran is out of town on family business. The leader on this Friday will be Larry A.
- The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
“This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Groundhog Day used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to eat it.” – Phil Connors, a.ka. Bill Murray, from the film Groundhog Day.