With the holidays behind us, the search is on for a new home for the Bellaire Club. There has been a lot of activity by the search committee, with several possible new meeting places under consideration. We will keep you posted here on all the details. If you see a possible location in our area, please forward all the details to email@example.com.
The committee is looking for a place that would have two possible meeting rooms, a kitchen for the coffee bar and reasonable rent. We’re now paying about $1,500 per month, and we are barely making ends meet, so keep that in mind as you scout locations. The lease on our current location expires February 28, so the time has come to plan about our big move!
There’s tons of sobriety being celebrated this month at the Bellaire Club.
- Arch A on his 30 years;
- Robert P. on 28 years,
- Anne Marie K. on 27 years, and
- Jonathan on 21 years.
Remember to sign up for birthday celebrations on the big white board. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Gift cards are a great way to recognize celebrants and they’re available at the coffee bar.
To all the volunteer cooks and other helpers who made things happen for a very successful and memorable holiday season at the Bellaire Club. The Christmas and New Year’s events were full of fun and memories for all the participants.
The Friday $2 meeting is being chaired this month by Fran B.
Victoria H. is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting in January. Our leader on January 9 will be Rebecca S.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it.” —Charles M. Schulz