The Bellaire Club is looking at a new home in the Maplewood Mall, at the intersection of Beechnut and Hillcroft. The Board of Trustees was authorized to begin lease negotiations with the property’s representatives at a January 9 meeting at the club.
The negotiations are now going on, as research continues at other properties. Unless another space is found, club members and the board decided that the Bellaire Club will need to grow to attract more new members and, possibly, meetings of other groups such as Alanon. Members of the club who attended the special meeting greed that the new location provides an opportunity to “grow” the Bellaire Club.
Other decisions at the meeting:
- More than $5,000 in pledges to move to and renovate the Maplewood location so that the Bellaire Club is more attractive to current and new members;
- Larry A. will oversee the renovation project and Arch A. will serve as interior designer, and;
- All club members will promote the Bellaire Club when they attend other area meetings, but Sajiah C. (with assistance from Fran B.) will develop flyers and other materials to market the club at area treatment centers and hospitals.
The meeting was exciting, as club members expressed their commitment to support and grow the Bellaire Club at its new home. The 2,200 square-foot space is at the eastern end of the Maplewood Shopping Center. Stay tuned to this space for up-to-the-minute news.
The Sunday Noon meeting is being chaired this month by Victoria H. The leader Sunday, January 16 will be Fran B.
Fran also is chairing the Friday $2 meeting. Leading this week is Ann N.
- The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
There are more than 100 years of sobriety being celebrated this month at the Bellaire Club.Congratulations to
- Arch A on his 30 years;
- Robert P. on 28 years,
- Anne Marie K. on 27 years and
- Jonathan on 21 years.
- Mary P.H. will celebrate seven years of sobriety.
Remember to sign up for birthday celebrations on the big white board. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Gift cards are a great way to recognize celebrants and they’re available at the coffee bar.
“Things do not change; we change.” — Henry David Thoreau