Negotiations are underway for the Bellaire Club’s new home. We’re trying to get the final word on a great new location for space in the Maplewood Mall, located on Beechnut between Hillcroft and Pontiac. The space is a former dance studio at the east end of the shopping center that is home to Foodarama. The location would offer ample meeting space and includes two bathrooms and space for a coffee bar/kitchen. Right now, we’re waiting for the landlord’s response.
Stay tuned here for updates on our new home.
There are 126 years of sobriety being celebrated this month at the Bellaire Club. Congratulations to all of the celebrants. Here they are:
- Arch A., 30 years
- Robert P., 28 years
- Anne Marie K., 27 years
Tuesday Big Book
- Jonathan L., 21 years
- Pearlie C., 12 years
- Pat P., one year
Also celebrating is Mary P.H. with seven years. Remember to sign up for birthday celebrations on the big white board. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Gift cards are a great way to recognize celebrants and they’re available at the coffee bar.
The Sunday Noon meeting is being chaired this month by Victoria H. The leader Sunday, January 23 will be Russell C.
Fran B. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting this month. The leader on this Friday, January 21, will be Jane E.
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Upcoming AA Events
The annual Yellow Rose Conference will be held February 4-6, 2011 at the Trinity Pines Conference Center in Trinity, TX. For more information, visit www.yellowroseconference.org.
“When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.” — John Muir