BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
February 9 to 15, 2011
There’s good news and bad news about a new home for the Bellaire Club.
The good news first: we have been granted permission to say at our current location until March 31, 2011. So, we have another (and much-needed) month to relocate.
The bad news is this: there have been problems with the Maplewood property so we continue to try to work those out while looking at other suitable locations.
Bellaire Club President Mark Z. and Treasurer Larry A. have been working with the Maplewood location, but there are problems like no electricity at the site. Mark and Larry have really worked hard to resolve some of the problems.
Here’s how Mark sums up our situation: “We have encountered significant difficulties with the Maplewood property. While we are still working on a resolution of those problems, we have re-opened our search to see if anything has come on the market while we have been focusing on Maplewood. And, we have also made contact with our second most favorite option at Dashwood.”
Stay tuned here for more updates.
Robert P. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting in February. The leader this week will be Rick W.
Anne Marie K. is chairing the Women’s ER meeting this month. She’s asked BJ to chair via Facebook and is waiting for her response!
The Friday $2 meeting will be held. Be sure to show up to find out who is chairing and leading the meeting.
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The AA Meeting en Espanol is held at noon Sundays in Room 2.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
There are a whole lot of AA birthdays this month at the Bellaire Club. Here’s a list, so far:
- Isaac B. three years;
- Robbie, six years;
- Sajiah C., four years;
- Dana E., two years;
- Debbie O., 17 years;
- Cecelia H., seven years;
- Adele B., two years;
- Nicole W., one year and
- Arik B., four years.
(Please, if you are one of these folks, put the meeting where you plan to celebrate on the white board!)
Milestones of AA sobriety are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Be sure to sign up on the big white board and let us know which meeting you plan to celebrate your birthday. A great way to recognize AA birthdays is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club in the celebrants’ honor. Gift cards are available at the coffee bar.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
This newsletter is published weekly for the Bellaire Club. If your group has information to share about meeting chairs and leaders; special activities or plans, be sure to e-mail the newsletter editor at email@example.com. Remember to pass it on!
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” –Charles M. Schulz