No news is good news…Things remain pretty much the same on the new home front.
Negotiations continue with the landlord at the Maplewood property, while other possible new homes for the Bellaire Club are being scouted.
Meanwhile, we have until March 31 to find a new location for the club. Go on by and check out the Dollar Store around the corner – they lost their lease and it’s now a 69-cent store.
Robert P. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting in February. The leader this Sunday will be Jonathan.
Anne Marie K. is chairing the Women’s ER meeting, and this week’s leader will be Kate B.
Arch A. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting. The leader on Friday, Feb. 18, will be David D.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
There are a whole lot of AA birthdays this month at the Bellaire Club. Here’s a list, so far:
- Isaac B. three years;
- Robbie, six years;
- Sajiah C., four years;
- Dana E., two years;
- Debbie O., 17 years;
- Cecelia H., seven years;
- Adele B., two years;
- Nicole W., one year and
- Arik B., four years.
- Also, Michael W., with 19 years,
- and Ed B., with 22 years.
Milestones of AA sobriety are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. Be sure to sign up on the big white board and let us know which meeting you plan to celebrate your birthday. A great way to recognize AA birthdays is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club in the celebrants’ honor. Gift cards are available at the coffee bar.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
“Loneliness is the most terrible poverty. “ — Mother Teresa