BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
MARCH 4 to 9, 2011
Come on over to the Bellaire Club to celebrate Mardi Gras, with a big old-fashioned catfish fry Sunday, following the noon meeting. There will be fish and onion rings, fellowship and fun! Volunteers, please bring desserts, salads and French bread. A good time will be had by all. The fun is scheduled to last until about 5 p.m.
A NEW HOME
After two months of negotiations, the Board of Trustees of the Bellaire Club has decided not to continue lease negotiations with the owners of the Maplewood property. We are now actively pursuing a move back to Bellaire.
The board has sent a letter of intent to rent a new home for the club at 5455 Dashwood, near Chimney Rock. The new space offers plenty of meeting room in a beautiful surrounding, with plenty of parking. Stay tuned for details here! And it is officially in Bellaire!
Arch A. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting and Rick W. will be this week’s leader.
Jeff T. will chair the Sunday Noon meeting, with Robert P. as the leader.
Elinor is chairing the Women’s ER meetings in March, held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
This newsletter is published weekly for the Bellaire Club. If your group has information to share about meeting chairs and leaders; special activities or plans, be sure to e-mail the newsletter editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to pass it on!
“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.” — Michelangelo