BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
March 10 to 17, 2011
The Bellaire Club is waiting to hear from the landlord at 5455 Dashwood about a new home for the club. At a special meeting of the Board of Trustees, there was a unanimous vote to pursue that property as the club’s new meeting place. The new place is right around the corner from Chimney Rock and Dashwood, which would put us back in Bellaire. Stay tuned for further details!
BIRTHDAYS AT THE BELLAIRE CLUB
We’ve got until March 31 in our present location, so don’t forget to put your name, your number of years of sobriety and the meeting where you plan to celebrate on the big white board in the meeting room. Birthdays are celebrated at the last meeting(s) of the month. A great way to honor celebrants is to make a donation to the club in their honor. Gift cards are always available at the coffee bar.
Rebecca S. will lead the Friday $2 meeting, with Arch serving as chair. Be sure to stop by for some good old fashioned sobriety and fellowship.
Jeff T., who is chairing this month’s Sunday Noon meetings, has asked Andy G. to lead this week.
Elinor is chairing the Women’s ER meetings in March, held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
This newsletter is published weekly for the Bellaire Club. If your group has information to share about meeting chairs and leaders; special activities or plans, be sure to e-mail the newsletter editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to pass it on!
“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” — Oprah Winfrey