BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
March 17 to 23, 2011
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
To All Bellaire Club Members and Friends:
“The time has come,” the Walrus said,
“To talk of many things:
Of shoes–and ships–and sealing-wax–
Of cabbages–and kings–
And why the sea is boiling hot–
And whether pigs have wings.”
(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)
By Lewis Carroll
It is time for The Bellaire Club to move. We will leave the space on Dunlap no later than April 30. We are going to make a deal with the Maplewood Center if Centro’s national office approves the agreement. The move depends upon our not finding too much wrong with the space when we finally get the utilities turned on and check out the systems. Since God protects fools and drunks (but not idiots), we are hopeful.
We will need to act quickly, and we need the money to do what we want to do with the space. Some of you have previously pledged money, waiting for this day to make the actual contribution. Others have simply said you will contribute what you can. We also will need labor and trucks to move our stuff, and probably a place to store a lot of it for a short term or long term. The Board asked Leo to be in charge of the move and Jeff T. will be the Board liaison for that.
The purpose of this email is to ask you to make your actual contributions to The Bellaire Club now. Please make checks payable to The Bellaire Club of Houston. If you are making a cash contribution, please put it in an envelope with MOVING FUND on the front and some way of indentifying you on the envelope—e.g., Mark Z. If this lease does not work out, and the club has nowhere to go but a church for a while, or we otherwise interrupt operations and the money is not used for moving and improvements to a new space, we will refund your money. That is why we need some way to identify you. If you make cash donation and do not give us a way to identify you, we will consider that to be a donation to the general fund and you will not get that back.
Please be advised that we have not obtained a 501(c)(3) status for the new corporation and this contribution is not, therefore, tax-deductible.
Please contact a Board member, or a member of the relocation committee (the Board plus Sajiah C., Rick W. and Ed R.) with any questions.
We are looking forward to a restart of the Club and a return to the better old days. Please help us. – President, Mark Z.
Ann N. will lead the Friday $2 meeting, with Arch serving as chair. Be sure to stop by for some good old fashioned sobriety and fellowship.
Jeff T., who is chairing this month’s Sunday Noon meetings, has asked Margaret D. to lead this week.
Elinor is chairing the Women’s ER meetings in March, held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
This newsletter is published weekly for the Bellaire Club. If your group has information to share about meeting chairs and leaders; special activities or plans, be sure to e-mail the newsletter editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to pass it on!
“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, and may God hold you in the palm of his hand.” – Irish blessing.