As a way of saying “aloha” (goodbye to our current home and hello to another), the Bellaire Club will hold a Hawaiian Luau on Saturday April 30, right after the noon meeting. It’s the 30th anniversary of the Bellaire Club party!
There will be do-it-yourself shish kebobs, music and plenty of activities to celebrate this important milestone in Bellaire Club history.
As usual, we will need volunteers to bring side dishes, help with set-up and a big turnout to celebrate the big Three-Oh! (-30-) So make your plans now to volunteer and put on your Hawaiian shirt for a good time! For more information, see Coach B. or Ed B.!
MOVING INTO YEAR 31
It is time to pony up on those pledges, and make a donation to the club’s moving fund. We will be leaving right after the luau on April 30. We’re down to our last weeks in the current location.
The Board is just inches away from a final lease on the property at Maplewood Center. Stay tuned for the latest. But here’s how to help:
Please make checks payable to The Bellaire Club of Houston. If you are making cash contribution, please put it in an envelope with MOVING FUND on the front and YOUR NAME on the front of the envelope. We need some way to identify you! Please write your name on the envelope.
Also, please be advised that we have not obtained a 501(c)(3) status for the new corporation and this contribution is not tax-deductible.
Please contact a Board member, or a member of the relocation committee (the Board plus Sajiah C., Rick W. and Ed R.) with any questions.
DESAYUNO ON SUNDAY
That means breakfast on Sunday, and a group has been regularly meeting at 11:00 am. for brunch at the Taqueria Tepatitlan for stimulating conversation and fellowship before the Sunday Noon meeting. You are most cordially invited to attend. Taqueria Tepatitlan is located at 5545 SW Fwy. It is about a half block north of Chimney Rock on the northbound feeder. If you get there early, Claudia is our regular server. The food is very good. Hope to see you there!
Arch A. has asked himself to lead this Friday’s $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m., and he agreed. Should be interesting. Stop by!
Anne Marie K. Will lead the Sunday Noon meeting, which Peggy S. is chairing during April. Peggy can’t be there, though, so Jeff T. will chair.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.” — Rainer Maria Rilke