BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
April 14 to 21, 2011
Word has reached us that our dear friend and longtime member Fran B. has passed away.
Graveside services for Fran B. will be held 2:00 P.M. Monday, March 18 at Emanuel Cemetery, 8341 Bissonnet Street (713) 774.3132.
An obituary will appear in Sunday’s paper under Braunig.
Those wishing to contribute to her memory may make donations to the Bellaire club in her name.
30th ANNIVERARY CELEBRATION
Come say “aloha” (goodbye to our current home and hello to another) at the 30th anniversary celebration of the Bellaire Club! We will hold a Hawaiian Luau on Saturday April 30, right after the noon meeting. It’s the 30th anniversary of the Bellaire Club party!
There will be do-it-yourself shish kebobs, music and plenty of activities to celebrate this important milestone in Bellaire Club history. As usual, we will need volunteers to bring side dishes, help with set-up and a big turnout to celebrate the big Three-Oh! (-30-) So make your plans now to volunteer and put on your Hawaiian shirt for a good time!
Yes, there will be a contest for the most outrageous tropical wear!
For more information, see Coach B. or Ed B.!
MOVING INTO YEAR 31
It is time to pony up on those pledges, and make a donation to the club’s moving fund. We will be leaving right after the luau on April 30. We’re down to our last weeks in the current location.
We have signed a lease on the property at Maplewood Center. Now they’ve got to turn the lights on so we can take possession and start remodeling. That’s going to cost us, so here’s how to help:
Please make checks payable to The Bellaire Club of Houston. If you are making cash contribution, please put it in an envelope with MOVING FUND on the front and YOUR NAME on the front of the envelope. We need some way to identify you! Please write your name on the envelope.
Also, please be advised that we have not obtained a 501(c)(3) status for the new corporation and this contribution is not tax-deductible.
Please contact a Board member, or a member of the relocation committee (the Board plus Sajiah C., Rick W. and Ed R.) with any questions.
Arch A. has asked Margaret D. to lead this Friday’s $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m., and she agreed. Should be interesting. Stop by!
Peggy S. is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting during April and our leader this week will be Rebecca A.
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
“Wasting away again in Margaritaville…searching for my lost shaker of salt.” – Jimmy Buffet.