BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
April 21 to 30, 2011
Before we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Bellaire Club, a host of celebrants are marking important AA milestones this month. The birthday celebrants are:
- Victoria H. with 16 years
- Ben H. with 9 years
12 x 12
- Randy R. with 5 years
- Samir D. with one year
- Carole S. with 9 years
- Tammy B. with 4 years
- Kate B. with 14 years
- Sandie M. with 3 years
Also celebrating are Cathy S. with 13 years, Randy H. with 32 years, and in memory of Scottish Jack who would have celebrated 33 years this month.
BELLAIRE CLUB BIRTHDAY
Put on your Hawaiian shirts and flip-flops and come celebrate the Bellaire Club’s 30th birthday celebration on Saturday, April 30 at 1 p.m.
There will be a Hawaiian luau, complete with shish kebobs and other delightful delicacies. There will be a costume contest, so wear your most outrageous tropical gear!
As usual, we will need volunteers to bring side dishes, help with set-up and a big turnout to celebrate the big Three-Oh! (-30-) So make your plans now to volunteer and put on your Hawaiian shirt for a good time!
Sign-up sheets are at the coffee bar!
MOVING INTO YEAR 31
The Board of Trustees and the Moving Committee will hold a very important meeting Saturday at 10 a.m. about our upcoming move to the Maplewood Shopping Center. The new address of the Bellaire Club will be 7625-A Beechnut.
It is time to pony up on those pledges, and make a donation to the club’s moving fund. We’re down to our last weeks in the current location.
We have signed a lease on the property at Maplewood Center. Now they’ve got to turn the lights on so we can take possession and start remodeling. That’s going to cost us, so here’s how to help:
Please make checks payable to The Bellaire Club of Houston. If you are making cash contribution, please put it in an envelope with MOVING FUND on the front and YOUR NAME on the front of the envelope. We need some way to identify you! Please write your name on the envelope.
Also, please be advised that we have not obtained a 501(c)(3) status for the new corporation and this contribution is not tax-deductible.
Please contact a Board member, or a member of the relocation committee (the Board plus Sajiah C., Rick W. and Ed R.) with any questions.
Arch A. has asked Robert P. to lead this Friday’s $2 meeting at 12:15 p.m., and he agreed. Should be interesting. Stop by!
Peggy S. is chairing the Sunday Noon meeting during April and our birthday meeting leader will be Arch A.
Mary F. is chairing the Women’s ER meeting.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
Dues to be a member of the Bellaire Club are only $20 per month, or $200 if you pay for an entire year’s membership. Please consider joining the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!
“To create one’s world in any of the arts takes courage.” – Georgia O’Keefe