BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
May 27 to June 3, 2011
The Big Book says it: Lack of power was our dilemma. That was true, too, for the planned renovation of the all-new Bellaire Club, until this week! We now have electricity at the future permanent home of the club,. Thanks to your kind generosity, there’s just a little more than $10,000 on hand for the remodeling of our permanent space. But there’s still plenty of opportunity to make a contribution. Just please be sure: if you are making a cash donation, write your name and “moving fund” on the envelope!
Meanwhile, activities are still picking up at our temporary new home, which is located at 5653 Beechnut. We are in the Maplewood Shopping Center, just a few doors down from Foodarama. Look for the familiar Bellaire Club sign.
The Friday $2 meeting at 12:15 Friday is being chaired this month by our very own Coach B. Leading this week will be Taryan D.
Mark Z. will fill in for Ed B. at the all-new and growing “Ask it Basket” meeting at 8 p.m. Wednesday. If you’re more inclined to attend a noon meeting, there is a new one on Wednesday being chaired by Sherri B.
And Gil G., who has more than 30 years of sobriety, is chairing the 8 p.m. Monday God Squad meeting, so get your week off to a great start and check it out!
A summary of dues-paying members has been posted near the big white board. Please check it out to make sure it’s right, or to find out whether you are current on your dues. A membership in the Bellaire Club is only $20 per month; or get a bargain and pay for the whole year at only $200.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Noon Wednesday meeting is held at noon Wednesday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
“Life is hard. After all, it kills you.” — Katharine Hepburn