BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
May 20-27, 2011
That’s right; we’re coming up on end-of-the-month AA anniversaries in our new temporary home at 5653 Beechnut . (We’re in the Maplewood Shopping Center, just a few doors down from Foodarama.)
Celebrating their AA birthdays in May is a great group of women:
- Peggy S. with 19 years
- Patty J. with 20 years
- and BJ MC, with 21 years.
They’ll celebrate at the Women’s ER meeting.
M. J. will celebrate 45 years of sobriety, a real milestone, at the Friday 8 p.m. meeting,
and Jeff T. will mark his Sweet 16 at the Sunday Noon meeting. Also celebrating is Greg W. with four years.
A great way to honor and recognize these important milestones of sobriety is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club in the celebrants’ names. Gift cards are available from our friendly coffee bar staff.
NEW AND REVIVED MEETINGS
Be sure to check out the new and revived meetings now being held at our new location, which is 5653 Beechnut.
Sherri B. is leading the new Noon Wednesday meeting, so come on by for a great group discussion.
Later on Wednesday, Ed B. has revived an old Bellaire Club Tradition, the “Ask it Basket” meeting. Stop in Wednesdays at 8 p.m. for some great Q. and A. all about recovery.
And Gil G. has revived the Monday 8 p.m. God Squad Meeting.
DUES ARE DUE
Okay, if there’s no Rapture on Saturday morning, your dues are due to the Bellaire Club. A recent review of dues-paying members shows that several folks have fallen behind in their monthly payments.
Remember, dues are only $20 per month, or $200 for a full year. With gas prices falling (any day now!), make an investment in the Bellaire Club. We need your financial support!!
- *The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
- *The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m., but attendance is way down. Consider attending:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday. (new leader!)
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday. (new leader!)
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Noon Wednesday meeting is held at noon Wednesday. (new meeting!)
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
“Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” — Henry David Thoreau