Our new permanent home at 5625 A Beechnut is all but finished: Arch and crew will start the decorative painting this week, leading up to our move and grand reopening.
But, we still need funds to build out the coffee bar! It’s time to dig really deep and make a contribution so that the kitchen area matches the rest of the new digs, which are fabulous. We will be passing baskets asking for contributions to the new cocina, but you can make a contribution at any time. Just put your donation in an envelope, and please write your name and “kitchen fund” on it. Drop it off at our temporary location at 7653 Beechnut.
If you can help with the decorative painting, do not hesitate to contact Arch after a meeting, or by e-mail at arch8@sbcglobal. There’s lots of work to be done, and it will be fun working on the bright and cheerful motif.
There will be lots of celebrating this week, and here’s a list of celebrants:
- 12X12: Lawauna S., 5 years
- Friday: Cathy B., 9 years and Bill L., 12 years
- Women’s ER: Eleanor G., 8 years; Dee C., 22 years and Ann N., 25 years
- Sunday Noon: David D., 18 years and Ann N., 25 years
A great way to honor these celebrants’ milestones of sobriety is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club in their honor. Gift cards are available at the coffee bar.
Margaret D. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting, at 12:15 p.m. Rebecca S. will be the leader.
Peggy S. is chairing the Women’s ER meeting. The leader at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 30 will be Kate B.
Bryce G. is chairing the Sunday noon meeting.
The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily. There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Where You At Wednesday meeting is held at noon Wednesday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
NEW AND RE-NEWED MEETINGS
Come check out our new hump day meeting, the Where-U-At Group meets every Wednesday at noon at our temporary location in the Maplewood Shopping Center, Beechnut at Hillcroft.
Also you should check out the revived (Under Ed B.’s excellent stewadship) Wednesday night Ask-It Basket Meeting at 8:00.
And don’t forget to invite a friend to tag along with you.
See you there.
Dues for membership in the Bellaire Club are $20 per month, or $200 for an entire year. Please consider joining the club as a member, we could use your financial support to continue providing an oasis of sobriety in southwest Houston.
”Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.” – Robert A. Heinlen