Construction work is proceeding rapidly in the renovation of our permanent new home, at 5625 A Beechnut, where Larry A. and crew have completed demolition and most electrical work in the spacious new quarters. New walls are up for our two meeting rooms, a lounge or “Half Measures” room, and lobby area. The work might even be finished by the end of this month! Look forward to more news about a grand opening soon!
Meanwhile, activity continues to pick up at our temporary location at 5653 Beechnut, where a new Sunday meeting will start at 8 p.m. Led by Kellen C., the meeting will be a Big Book/12 Step meeting.
And, set aside some time to hear a great speaker, Kelly C., at the Saturday speaker meeting, at 6:30 p.m. Jonathan is chairing that meeting.
Margaret D. is chairing the Friday $2 meeting, at 12:15 p.m., and Anne Marie K. will be this week’s leader.
At the Sunday noon meeting, Bryce G. is chairing and the leader this week will be Jeff T.
Here’s the complete schedule of meetings:
NEW MEETING – Come check out the new Wednesday Noon Meeting, the “Where-U-At” group at the Bellaire Club.
*The 12 x 12 Group meets daily at 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday.
*The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m. Consider Join us for:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday. NEW!
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday. NEWLY Restarted!
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Noon Wednesday “Where-U-At” meeting is held at noon Wednesday. NEW!
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
It’s just $20 a month, or $200 a year, for membership in the Bellaire Club. Please consider joining, so that the club can continue – and expand – our role as the oasis of sobriety for southwest Houston.
Please put your name on the big white board, if you are having an AA anniversary this month and plan to celebrate at the Bellaire Club. Be sure to include the meeting (or meetings) where you plan to pick up your birthday chip.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost