BELLAIRE CLUB NEWSLETTER
July 15 to 22, 2011
The new Bellaire Club is OPEN!!!!
Please come by and check out our fabulous new meeting space at 5625A Beechnut. We’re located at Beechnut and Hillcroft, in the Maplewood Shopping Center. Our space is at the eastern end of the shopping center, facing Pontiac St.
Thanks to all who helped with the move, especially those folks from the Open Door Group who held the first meeting in our new digs!! We’re still working on the coffee bar/kitchen, which will be finished soon. Coffee and drinks are still $1. Some decorative painting is continuing, but we are open for business!
A grand reopening is in the works, but we’re already drawing new people and new meetings! Please check out the new Speaker Meeting, which will be held in the smaller meeting room on Sundays at 11 a.m. The first meeting, chaired by Linda D. from the Alief Group, will feature Speaker Gay T.
Another addition to our meeting line-up will be a new “Guided Meditation” meeting on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Join Barry K. for this 11th Step meeting. The first one will be Tuesday, July 19.
Doug D., also from the Alief Group, will chair a Big Book study group on Thursdays at 8 p.m. He’s been chairing Big Book studies for many years.
Ed B. will lead the Sunday Noon meeting, with chair Ann N.
- The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- The 12×12 Group meets at 6:30 p.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Speaker Meeting meets at 11 a.m. Sundays.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at noon Sundays.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Guided Meditation Group meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
- The Where You At Wednesday meeting is held at noon Wednesday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Big Book Study Group meets at 8:00 p.m. Thursdays.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 p.m. Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets every Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
BELLAIRE CLUB MEMBERSHIP
You can become a member of the Bellaire Club by paying monthly dues of $20. Or, you can support the club with an annual membership of just $200 for a full year. Either way, you’re helping to support the Club’s primary purpose of carrying the message to the alcoholics out there who are still suffering. Please consider joining. And, as we prepare to elect a new Board of Directors next month, remember that board members must be members of the Bellaire Club.
Please sign up on the white poster board in the smaller meeting room if you are celebrating an “AA Birthday” this month. We’re refurbishing the big white board for the main meeting room at the new club, where we will celebrate these important milestones of sobriety at the last meetings of the month.
Got a friend who’s not receiving this newsletter? It’s easy: please suggest they go online to http://www.BellaireClub.org, and register to receive a free, weekly update on happenings at the Bellaire Club. Check the web site for meeting schedules and past newsletters, too!
“Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald