Mark your calendars now for a very important general membership meeting that will be held at the club at 1:30 p.m. Sunday August 7. We will be choosing “trusted servants” to be on the Board of Directors of the Bellaire Club.
There are three openings on the board to be filled, and several people have already announced they are ready to lead our lively “new” club in our lively new meeting space. A sign-up sheet will be posted soon for the “candidates” who are, to date: Jonathan L., Mary F., Ben B. and Mike P.
Outgoing board members, who deserve many thanks for their dedicated leadership during our year of moving, are President Mark Z., treasurer Larry A., and activities chairman Coach B. Thanks guys for all your hard work!
Our new space continues to attract new meetings. Recent additions to the meeting mix include a Guided Meditation meeting by Barry K. at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays in the main meeting room, and a new Young People’s meeting, led by Matt A., at 8 p.m. Fridays in the small meeting room.
Be sure to check out other new meetings: there is also a Big Book study meeting at 8 p.m. Thursdays by Doug DeB., from Alief; and an 11 a.m. Sunday Speaker meeting chaired by Linda DeB. Please note an important change to the meeting schedule: the noon Sunday meeting will now be held at 12:15 p.m., to allow the speaker meeting to use the main meeting room.
This week’s Saturday Speaker, at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, will be Rebecca S. And the leader for the Sunday Noon meeting (at 12:15 p.m.) will be Robert P.
Check out the complete meeting schedule below.
BELLAIRE CLUB BIRTHDAYS
There are many, many of years of sobriety being celebrated this month at the Bellaire Club. Here’s a list of folks marking important milestones of sobriety:
- Gil G. 35 years
- Richard M. 14 years
- Tom K. 11 years
- David C. 8 years
- Mary F. 4 years
- Paula M. 2 years
- Glenda B. 9 years
- John F. 22 years
- Larry A. 7 years
Friday 8 p.m.
- Rick D. 25 years
- Mary F. 4 years
Kathryn C. will celebrate 3 years at Delta. And we all remember Ernie B., who would have celebrated 39 years this month.
A great way to honor these birthday celebrants is to make a contribution to the Bellaire Club in their honor. Gift cards are available at the brand new coffee bar.
- The Open Door Group meets at 10 a.m. daily.
- The 12×12 Group meets at 6:30 p.m. daily.
- There are also daily meetings at 8 p.m.:
- The Peace of Mind Group meets Sunday.
- The God Squad meets Monday.
- The Brown Table Big Book Study meets Tuesday.
- The “Ask-It Basket” Group meets Wednesday.
- The “Get Real” Triangle Group meets Thursday.
- The “We’ve Just Begun” Group for beginners, with food and fellowship to follow, meets Friday.
- The new Young People’s Group meets Friday in the small meeting room.
- The Good Word candlelight meeting is on Saturday.
- The Sunday Speaker Meeting meets at 11 a.m. Sunday.
- The Sunday Noon Group meets at 12:15 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Monday Men’s AA Meeting is held at noon Monday.
- The Guided Meditation Group meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- The Where You At Wednesday meeting is held at noon Wednesday.
- The Women’s ER Group meets every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- The Big Book Study Group meets at 8:00 p.m. Thursday.
- The Friday $2 Meeting meets at 12:15 p.m. Friday.
- The Saturday Noon Group meets Saturday at noon.
- The Saturday Speaker Meeting is at 6:30 p.m.
BELLAIRE CLUB MEMBERSHIP
You can become a member of the Bellaire Club by paying monthly dues of $20. Or, you can support the club with an annual membership of just $200 for a full year. Either way, you’re supporting the Club’s primary purpose of carrying the message to newcomers and alcoholics who are still suffering. Please consider joining.
This newsletter is published weekly and sent by e-mail to folks who sign up at our web-site, at www. Bellaireclub.org. Please spread the word! If you are chairing a meeting and want everyone to know who the leaders will be, please e-mail email@example.com.
”We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. “ — Joseph Campbell