THANKSGIVING IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR
As could be predicted, after a sluggish start the festivities quickly revved up as the sumptuous groaning board grew before the eyes of all in attendance. Everyone came away pleased. What do we have to show for our efforts? We have memories of fun and fellowship, a beautiful tree and some more cash to help run the club. That was so much fun; we should do it more often. Read on.
COME, LET US JINGLE YOUR BELLS: HOLIDAYS AT BELLAIRE
It is official now. The board has announced the plans for a gala holiday celebration at the club, December 24. As always, it will begin with a meeting at noon to be followed by an Open House that will last through the 8:00 Candlelight meeting. During the open house celebration, the 10:00 AM Open Door Group will sponsor holiday movies to be shown in the smaller meeting room. The day will be capped by the annual Christmas Eve Meeting at 11:00 PM. Word is that there will probably be a modest feast following the noon meeting Christmas day. Never a dull moment during the holiday weekend. No need to be alone when you can come to the club and meet up with your friends.
I have been sober long enough to work the Steps. This calmed me down a lot. But now I find my bad temper is back. What should I do?
Is alcoholism hereditary?
Lately I have felt like since everything is pretty OK now, maybe I don’t need to work AA as hard. Is this a crazy idea? Why or why not?
If you know, come share with the rest of us.
If you don’t know, come find out with us.
All at the Ask-It-Basket that meets every Wednesday at 8:00 PM.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS. . .
- Margaret D. will be chairing the Thursday Noon Meeting during the month of December and has asked Rebecca S. to head the roster of fine leaders.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired by Alice G. this month. Paula D. will lead the meeting this Friday.
- At the Sunday Speakers Meeting, being chaired by Doug DeB., the speaker will be Dick U. Dick has over 30 years sobriety and calls the Mission Bend Group home. He is also in his third term as a trustee for our local Intergroup. A story worth hearing. That is at 11:00 AM.
- Rebecca S. is the December chair of The Sunday Noon Meeting and has invited returning Davasha S. to lead us to better things. Meeting time is 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group will be led this month by Camora K.
- Across the way The Monday Men’s Meeting will be hosted by Larry A. or Barry K.
- Rick W. and Lynn L. will continue holding down the Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting.
- The Wednesday Where-U-At Group will be manned by Robert P. next week with returning native, Baroque F. as our leader.
MOUTH OF THE SOUTH
Editor’s note: the purpose of this column is to let club members and friends know what is going on with some of our members. Lest any questions of anonymity or privacy arise, please rest assured that any news that appears here has first been approved by the subjects. So, if you are doing something you should not be doing, with someone you should not be doing it with, have no fear, you won’t read about it here. (Now the evil angel tells me that readership might increase dramatically if you did, but this ain’t that kind of rag.)
Congratulations to Alice G. who has successfully passed her State Board Exams and now has a comma and some initials trailing her last name. They are L.M.T., Licensed Massage Therapist. See what happens when you stay clean and sober.
One of the indicators that one is well situated in the mainstream of life is a productive hobby/sideline. Our own Paula D. has taken up photography with a tenacity that belies her gentle spirit. Birds and flowers are a favorite subject of hers. Her pictures surpass amateur status. As someone recently remarked, “They look like they came out of National Geographic.” To see for yourself and enjoy, Google .http://pmdittrick.zenfolio.com Paula will be leading the Friday Two Dollar Meeting this week.
Friendship is a very taxing and arduous form of leisure activity. Mortimer Adler
A true friend is one soul in two bodies. Aristotle