CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE
OOPS! (To quote our governor) Jumped a holiday there. It’s:
TURKEYS ROASTING IN AN AA OVEN
Yes, Turkey Day and the Big Bellaire Club Dinner is almost upon us and you will smell the turkeys roasting. At least, according to the sign up sheet on the kitchen counter, we’ll have two turkeys roasted by Jane E. and Mary F. Mary will also bring a ham. Lots of side dishes, but it looks like we might need more turkeys and hams. Bring some food or just bring yourself and share the holiday with your AA family. It all starts at 1:30 after theThursday Noon Meeting led by Mark Z.
Don’t forget to stick around for a few rounds of Bingo. It costs a buck a card and half the money collected for each round goes to the winner. The club gets the other half.
As if that were not enough, we will revive our old annual tree decorating event. Word has it that someone will be giving us a real, live, odorous tree to decorate with personalized ornaments.
- Got some heavy hitters and a few good rookies this month which always makes for a well balanced team.
- We have Kranston celebrating his first year with the Open Door Group.
- Also celebrating with the Open Door Group will be Christine with two yearssobriety. Logan DeV. will celebrate five years with the Sunday Noon Group.
- Coach B. will join Kranston and Christine at the Open Door Group to celebrate hisnine years.
- Three members will be celebrating 11 years of sobriety: Rebecca S and Andy G. with the Sunday Noon Group and Tony W. with the Open Door Group.
- Both Mark Z. and Mark T. have the same first name and sobriety date, November 10, 1989. Mark T. has moved across town, but Mark Z. will be celebrating his 22 years with the Friday We’ve Just Begun Group as well as the Sunday Noon Group.
- Joining Mark Z. at the Friday We’ve Just Begun Group to celebrate his 25 years of sobriety will be Ernest D
Looking for a nice gift to give the celebrants? You can make a donation in their honor of any amount you choose to the Bellaire Club so instrumental in their sobriety that will be most appreciated by the celebrants as well as the club. Ask anyone behind the counter for a card.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS. . .
- Once more Mark W. is scheduled to lead the Thursday Noon Meeting, chairRobert P. has announced. Third time’s the charm.
- Jane E. has asked Kate B. to lead the Friday Two Dollar Meeting at 12:15.
- Sajiah C., subbing for Jonathan L., regular chair of the Saturday Speakers Meeting at 6:30 has asked Patrick of the 24 Hour Club to tell his story. Word in the halls is that he is some awesome speaker. Come give a listen.
- And speaking of speakers, Kevin H. with almost five years will be the speaker at the Sunday 11:00 Speakers Meeting. Kevin’s home is Primary Purpose, but can be seen at meetings about town.
- TheSunday Noon Meeting being chaired this month by President Ed. B., will have its father founder, Russell C. as the leader.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group is being led this month byStephanie.
- Across the way The Monday Men’s Meeting is being hosted by Larry A. or Barry K.
- Lynn L. has been holding down the Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meetingwhile his cohort, co-chair, Rick W. is on a Caribbean cruise. I’m sure he wishes we were there.
- The Wednesday Noon Meeting chaired by Kern V. will have as leader, Charles H.of the Delta Club who recently told his story at the Saturday Speakers Meeting.
DO YOU KNOW?
How helpful do you have to be to an AA member you can’t stand?
What is the best thing to do when you are feeling restless and discontent?
If people you know do not believe you are an alcoholic, how do you get them to take the program as seriously as you do?
If you know, come share with the rest of us.
If you don’t know, come find out with us.
All at the Wednesday Ask-It-Basket that meets at 8:00 PM.
MOUTH OF THE SOUTH
She is here! Yes, the long anticipated return of our native daughter, Davasha S. is indeed a fact. We will all be seeing her soon at the Friday Two Dollar Meeting, if not before. A professional award winning chef, we are doubly pleased to have her back this side of Thanksgiving.
An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. Irv Kupcinet