INTERGROUP PHONES – HOLD THAT LINE
Mary F. reports a most successful Intergroup phones weekend. Lots of old timers and newer sponsees showed up to lend a hand. Saturday was full of soul soothing food like Chili Bean Nachos, Cherry and Peach Cobbler with Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch and “Firecrackers Chips.” Taco John’s Saturday Noon Group provided breakfast tacos and the Open Door Groupprovided Kolaches. When not otherwise engaged in answering the phone and noshing on superb goodies, Gin Rummy appeared to be the favored pastime. Kudos to all who showed up or answered the phones from home. This is very important 12th Step work and it is good to know the Bellaire Club was there when needed.
WHY SHIRLEY! I CAN SEE MY FACE IN YOUR FLOOR!
Of course you can! That is due to Robert P.’s regular attention and more recently the company that contractor Larry A. got to lay our floors did major maintenance so that our floors will remain beautiful and in great condition for years to come.
It is birthday time once more as the end of the month approaches and the birthday board begins to fill up with celebrants.
- Samantha M. will have one year continuous sobriety and will celebrate with the 10:00 Open Door Group.
- Mike P. now has four years sobriety and he will celebrate with the We’ve Only Just Begun Group meeting Fridays at 8:00 PM.
- Ben H. will have 10 years and plans to celebrate with Taco John’s Saturday Noon Group.
- Alice G. will be celebrating her 11 years with the Sunday Noon Meeting at 12:15.
- And Anson B. with 31 full years of sobriety will be celebrating with the 10:00 Open Door Group.
Our congratulations to all of these celebrants of major milestones in their sobriety.
If you are looking for a nice gift to give any of the celebrants, may we suggest making a donation in their honor of any amount you choose to the Bellaire Club so instrumental in their sobriety? That gift will be most appreciated by the celebrants as well as the club. Ask anyone behind the counter for a card.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS. . .
Please support all the groups meeting at the Bellaire Club. Remember: you may not need a meeting, but you may be needed at a meeting.
- The 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has announced its new roster of leaders. Thursday will beRyan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- The Thursday Noon Meeting will have Dona T. leading this Thursday.
- Chairing The Thursday Women’s Emergency Room Group, this month is Ginny T. who has asked Mary F. to lead Thursday’s meeting.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired this month by Jane E.She has asked Pat P. to take the lead this Friday. You may remember Pat because a few months ago Alice G. asked him to lead a meeting she was chairing. He has to drive all the way from Huntsville to lead. Let’s all show up and make the trip worthwhile for him.
- There are noon meetings every day at the club now. That was not always the case, but Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting seems to have always been there. Drop by and see why.
- At the 11:00 AM. Sunday Speaker’s Meeting being chaired by Doug DeB., this Sunday Elaine Y. will be sharing her story. With over seven years sobriety, Elaine calls The Spring Branch Memorial Club home but she can also be seen at meetings at 8373, The Delta Club and La Hacienda.
- Arch A. is chairing The Sunday Noon Meeting in March and he has asked Peggy S. to lead us to better things this Sunday at 12:15.
- “Serenity” Ann N. is once more leadingThe Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group. The group has plans to revamp the meeting format.
- And over on the men’s side, at The Monday Men’s Meeting, Larry A. or Barry K. are manning up and leading the group.
- Rick W. and Lynn L. will continue to chair and lead the Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting.
- The brand new6:30 AM group,The Red-Eye Special Group thatmeets every Wednesdayis well into its third successful month with Larry A. and Robert P. there to guide it along. They have invited Baroque F. to be our guest leader Wednesday morning.
- Next Wednesday, Robert P. will chair the Wednesday Noon Meeting, the Where-U-At Group.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.organd click on Meeting Schedule.
WORD OF THE WEEK
Definition:A concise statement of a principle; a terse declaration of a truth or sentiment. An adage.
Use in a sentence: “Think, Think, Think”, seems to be the least favorite AA aphorism.
PARTING THOUGHTS (ON STAYING IN THE NOW)
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
If you are going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. Author Unknown