It’s that time again. Time for the biggest anniversary celebration ever to celebrate the Bellaire Club’s 31st Anniversary on Saturday, April 28. You may recall our 30th Anniversary was spent preparing to move from our old Dunlop location to our new, temporary location on the Foodarama side of the shopping center. The Board plans to make up for it with a grand gala highlighted by the first annualBellaire Club Chili Cook- Off. Winners are to be honored with their names on a permanent commemorative plaque.
Then there is the raffle. No wrong-sized birthday gifts or unused holiday presents or garage sale mismatches on our block. This is the present list of items to be raffled off. Please realize the list continues to grow.
- Brand new Hannah Montana purple & white electric guitar
- Brand new acoustic guitar
- 7-inch HDTV with home and car chargers for emergency use
- Portable propane barbeque pit with carrying case
- Brand new original Star wars model
$10.00 will get you three tickets. Well worth the chance.
To cap it off, at 6:00 PM Wilma W. will be the featured speaker.
It all starts at 1:00 PM following Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting.
Throughout the events we will have a Meet and Greet for the recovery community.
CHILI COOK-OFF GUIDELINES, RULES AND REGULATIONS
Lots of interest being generated by the Chili Cook-off. If you plan to enter, please fill out the entry form found on the kitchen counter. Excited members have their own special chili that they want to share so we should all be in for a very special treat. Fine chili should look good, smell good and taste good! Accordingly each chili is to be judged on the following criteria:
Aroma – Color – Consistency – Taste – Aftertaste
It is a contest, however, and contests have rules so if you plan to enter your chili, be sure you do not get disqualified for not following the rules. Here they are:
- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2012
- There is no entry free.
- Competitors may enter more than one type of chili.
- All competitors are responsible for purchasing their own ingredients.
- All competitors are asked to prepare a minimum of 3 quarts of chili per entry.
- Competitors are responsible for all of their own cooking utensils,
- Serving of chili begins at 2:00 PM
- Competitors need to arrive by 10:00 AM to set up in their designated areas. Anyone arriving after 11:00 AM will not be allowed to enter the competition.
- Chili must be prepared before arriving at the event. Be prepared to add your final touches and warm up your chili for serving.
- There will be electricity.
- You are encouraged to decorate your designated area to personify your Chili style. (There will be a prize for the most coolly-outlandish decor!)
- We encourage good-spirited trash-talking with other competitors.
- We reserve the right to make changes or alterations to the rules prior to the event. You will be made aware of these changes before April 27, 2012
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS. . .
- The 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has this roster of leaders. Thursday will be Ryan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- The Thursday Noon Meeting is being chaired by Arch A. who has announced that Stephanie C. will be the leader this Thursday.
- Chairing The Thursday Women’s Emergency Room Group this month is Patty J. who has asked B.J. M. to be the leader. The meeting starts at 6:30 PM.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired this month by Jane E.and daughter, Mary F. will lead the meeting this Friday.
- Don’t forget Taco John’s regular Saturday Noon Meeting.
- Victoria G. is chairing The Sunday Noon Meeting and David D. will be on hand to lead the meeting this Sunday at 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group is being led this month by Camora K.
- And over on the men’s side, at The Monday Men’s Meeting, Larry A. or Barry K. are manning up and leading the group.
- Rick W. and Lynn L. will continue to chair and lead the Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting.
- The brand new6:30 AM Group, The Red-Eye Special Group thatmeets every Wednesdayis well into its second month with Larry A. and Robert P. there to guide it along. Robert P. will lead the meeting Wednesday.
- Next Wednesday, Robert P. will chair the Wednesday Noon Meeting, the Where-U-At Group.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.organd click on Meeting Schedule.
WORD OF THE WEEK
Definition: To go over in the mind repeatedly. To reflect deeply on a matter. Contemplate.
Use in a sentence: Ruminating over past injustices seems to be a favorite pastime of many alcoholics.
PARTING THOUGHTS (ON MEMORIES)
Creditors have better memories than debtors. Benjamin Franklin
He had to deal all at once with the packed regrets and stifled memories of an inarticulate lifetime. Edith Wharton
If I had a dollar for every minute I thought of you I’d be a millionaire. If I had a dollar for every time I cried over you I’d be a billionaire. Author Unknown