Week of May 24 – 31
MEMORIAL DAY BLOWOUT
No need to hit those freeways out of town this weekend. You can stay home and join in all the fun at the Bellaire Club with all your friends and the friends you have not met yet. You will be safe here.
Starting Sunday at 1:15, right after the monthly birthday meeting of the Sunday 12:15 Noon Meeting we will kick it off with the Grand Opening of the monthly Game and Cupcake Social. Guided along by board member, Jonathan L., the event will include games like Bingo, Chess, Dominoes, Checkers, Poker, Bridge or whatever game members attending can get going. We have plenty of room for plenty of games, so let’s get this tradition started with a bang.
Come back Monday for either the Monday Men’s Meeting or the Women’s Health and Healing Meeting,both at noon. Following the meetings we will be treated to traditional fare like hot dogs, Frito pies andwatermelon plus anything else our creative cooks decide to bring. This gets us in the mood for a special Memorial Day speaker, veteran Jerry C. His is a colorful story you will not want to miss.
Following the speaker meeting will be more games of bingo or anything else you can get going.
CAPTIVATING CAPTURED AUDIENCE
Rick W. has for years now taken time off from his very busy career to lead a meeting at one of the nearby prisons on Friday afternoons. He always welcomes anyone willing to tag along to share their recovery with inmates eager to hear fresh voices from the outside world. To get involved, you must first be approved by the Texas Department of Corrections. Rick will handle this, but he will need your full name, date of birth, drivers license number and address as it appears on your license. To get the ball rolling, send this information to Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org and Rick will take care of the rest. All who have gone out to the meetings with Rick have reported it to be a most gratifying experience. Your voice will be appreciated.
- Beginning this week, various groups meeting at the Bellaire Club will celebrate the AA birthdays of those who sobered up this month. We congratulate all of them and hope them another successful year of sobriety.
- At the 10:00 AM Open Door Group. Greg W. will be celebrating five years sobriety.
- At the daily (except Saturday) 6:30 PM 12 & 12 Group one of the leaders, Ronald C. will celebrate 13 years
- Busiest group this month will be the Thursday Women’s Emergency Room Group meeting at 6:30 PM where the celebrants will be Traci E. with seven years, Davasha S. with 12 years,Peggy S. with 20 years, Patty J. with 21 years, and B.J. McC. with 22 years sobriety.
- At Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting, Mark W. will be celebrating his first year of sobriety
- At the Sunday Noon Group meeting at 12:15, Davasha S. will celebrate 12 years, Jeff T., 17 years, Peggy S., 20 years and Andrew E., 24 years.
- At the Wednesday 6:30 AM Red-Eye Special Meeting, Baroque F. will celebrate one year of sobriety
- Our congratulations to all of these celebrants of major milestones in their sobriety.
If you are looking for a nice gift to give any of the celebrants, may we suggest making a donation in their honor of any amount you choose to the Bellaire Club so instrumental in their sobriety? That gift will be most appreciated by the celebrants as well as the club. Ask anyone behind the counter for a card.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS . . .
- The 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has this roster of leaders. Thursday will be Ryan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- Jeff T. will be chairing and leading the Thursday Noon Meeting.
- Chairing The Thursday Women’s Emergency Room Group this month is Ann N. who has invited Amy D. to be the leader. The meeting starts at 6:30 PM.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired this month by Jane E.and Davasha S. will lead the meeting this Friday.
- Don’t forget Taco John’s regular Saturday Noon Meeting.
- The group formerly known as the Saturday Speakers Meeting at 6:30 PM now is an Open Discussion Meeting with a speaker the last Saturday of the month and is in search of a new name. Several have been suggested. Drop by and offer yours.
- The 11:00 AM. Sunday Speaker’s Meeting being chaired by Doug DeB. will have Jim H. as the speaker this Sunday. With 36 years sobriety, Jim can be found at the West Chase Nooners Group and the Bunker Hill Tuesday Night Group as well as the Sunday Speaker’s Meeting.
- Arch A. will lead the special monthly birthday celebration of the Sunday Noon Meeting this Sunday at 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group is being led this month by Alice G. Next month Koi D. will take the lead.
- And over on the men’s side, at The Monday Men’s Meeting, Larry A. or Barry K. are manning up and leading the group.
- Rick W. and Robert P. will continue to chair the lively Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting
- The new and well receivedThe Red-Eye Special Group thatmeets every Wednesday at6:30 AM, is celebrating its fifth month with Larry A. and Robert P. there to guide it along.
- Robert P. will chair the Wednesday Noon Meeting, the Where-U-At Group and has announced that Will G. will be the leader.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.org and click on Meeting Schedule.
PARTING THOUGHTS (BY A FEW OLD SOLDIERS)
- Be content with what you are and wish not change; nor dread your last day nor long for it.Marcus Aurelius
- Better to fight for something than live for nothing. George S. Patton
- Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul. Douglas MacArthur