Week of June 14 – 20
Bobby M. (Sheba)
custodian and operator of the coffee bar
in the early days of the club
whose gentle spirit brought
strength to all who sought her counsel
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the monthly Game and Cupcake Social on June 30, the last Saturday of the month at 1:00 PM following Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting. Just about any game you would want to play will be available or you can bring your own. Delicious cupcakes and other goodies will be on hand. A fun way for the whole family to spend a Saturday afternoon.
It is birthday time again at the Bellaire Club as the end of the month approaches. We have a board full of celebrants who demonstrate the fact that this program works!
- Pam W. will have one year of continuous sobriety and will celebrate with the Thursday 6:30 PM Women’s Emergency Room Group.
- Santoria with two years sobriety will celebrate with the 10:00 AM Open Door Group.
- Colin C. now has three years sobriety and he will celebrate with the Tuesday 6:30 PM 12 & 12 Group.
- Felicia B. will have three years and plans to celebrate with the Sunday Noon Group at 12:15.
- Wendy S. also with three years will celebrate with the Doug DeBakey’s Big Book Study Group, 8:00 PM Thursdays.
- Ernest H. will have four years sobriety this month.
- Lawauna S. with 6 years plans to celebrate with the 6:30 PM 12 & 12 Group.
- Eleanor, now with 9 years sobriety will be celebrating with the Thursday 6:30 PM Women’s Emergency Room Group and the Sunday Noon Group.
- Deewith 24 years is planning on celebrating with the Thursday 6:30 PM Women’s Emergency Room Group.
- Ann N. now has 26 years and will celebrate with Thursday 6:30 PM Women’s Emergency Room Group and the Sunday Noon Group.
Our congratulations to all of these celebrants of major milestones in their sobriety.
If you are looking for a nice gift to give any of the celebrants, may we suggest making a donation in their honor of any amount you choose to the Bellaire Club so instrumental in their sobriety? That gift will be most appreciated by the celebrants as well as the club. Ask anyone behind the counter for a card.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS. . .
Please support all the groups meeting at the Bellaire Club. Remember: you may not need a meeting, but you may be needed at a meeting.
- The 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has this roster of leaders. Thursday will be Ryan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- Gary S. is chairing the Thursday Noon Meeting this month and Jeff T. will lead this week.
- Chairing The Thursday Women’s Emergency Room Group this month is Mary F. and Thursday’s leader will be Aime D. The meeting starts at 6:30.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired this month by Jane E. She has asked Baroque F. to lead.
- Don’t forget Taco John’s regular Saturday Noon Meeting.
- The former Saturday Speakers Meeting at 6:30 PM now is an Open Discussion Meeting with a speaker the last Saturday of the month.
- Herman B. with 23 years sobriety will be telling his story at the 11:00 AM. Sunday Speaker’s Meeting being chaired by Doug DeB. His is a story filled with valuable information and humor. Herman can be found at the Gulf Coast Men’s Meeting or The Lamplighters as well as meetings at the Bellaire Club
- Jeff T. is chairing The Sunday Noon Meeting in May and he has asked Baroque F. to lead the meeting this Sunday at 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group with its revised meeting format is being led this month by Koi D.
- And over on the men’s side, at The Monday Men’s Meeting, Larry A. or Barry K. are manning up and leading the group.
- As always, Rick W. and Robert P. will be there to steer the Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting.
- The Wednesday 6:30 AM Red-Eye Special Group continues its sixth month with Larry A. and Robert P. there to guide it along. Margaret D. will be leading the meeting for us.
- The Wednesday Noon Meeting, the Where-U-At Group is being chaired by Robert P. He has asked David C. to lead.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.org and click on Meeting Schedule.
PARTING THOUGHTS (ON FATHERHOOD)
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” my dad would reply, “we’re raising boys.” Harmon Killebrew
- Fatherhood is pretending the present you love the most is soap-on-a-rope. Bill Cosby
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. Kent Nerburn
- Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. Al Unser