It is the end of the month again and time for our monthly Game and Cupcake Social. Start time is this coming Saturday about 1:00 PM, right after Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting. Come early and surely you will find a game you like to play and a group you would like to play with. Bingo, any kind of card game, dominoes, board games are all possible. This is a great way to meet new people and maybe even learn how to play a new game. Come see what is happening at your club where we insist on enjoying life!
ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE CLUB?
Still enough time to join the Bellaire Club and vote in the next General Membership Meeting, August 18. If you are already a member, be sure to check the club bulletin board to see if you are current with your dues.
FEELING LEFT OUT?
Do you feel you are out of the loop because your home group is not mentioned in the weekly roster of what is happening in groups meeting at the club? Would you like to see your name in print without the word, alleged before it? Your editor will gladly publish any activity, including monthly or weekly chairs, leaders, group conscious meetings, group activities, etc. The only catch is that you will have to provide the information. The weekly deadline is Wednesday, 3:00 PM. Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org before then. Remember the “newsletter week” is Thursday through Wednesday.
JULY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS
It is birthday time again at the Bellaire Club as the end of the month approaches. We have a board full of celebrants with a wide range of sober time who demonstrate the fact that this program works!
- Larry A. will celebrate his eight years with the Wednesday 6:30 AM Red-Eye Special Group.
- Aishah will have one year of continuous sobriety and will celebrating with the 6:30 PM 12 & 12 Group along with Vance, also with one year
- Terri M. with 27 years and Steve T. with 28 years will celebrate with the 8:00 PM Thursday Doug DeBakey’s Big Book Study Group
- Jill B. with one year will celebrate with At the Thursday 6:30 PM Women’s Emergency Room Group, along with Mary F. with five years.
- At the Friday 8:00 PM We’ve Just Begun Group, Ken K. with two years and Robert S. with eight years will celebrate.
- Taco John F. will celebrate his 23 years at Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting.
- The Saturday 8:00 PM The Good Word Candlelight Group will see Ken K. celebrate his two years.
- At the Sunday Noon Group, Mary F. will celebrate five years, Robert S. eight years, Rick D. 26 years and Terri M. 27 years.
- Larry A. with eight years will celebrate with the Monday Noon Men’s Luncheon Group.
- Jim F. with 26 years will celebrate with the Monday 8:00 PM God Squad Group.
- No-Bike-Mike will celebrate his one year and Robert S. will celebrate his eight years with the 8:00 PM Tuesday Scottish Jack Big Book Study Group.
- Tom K. with 12 years will celebrate with the 10:00 AM Open Door Group.
Our congratulations to all of these celebrants of major milestones in their sobriety.
If you are looking for a nice gift to give any of the celebrants, may we suggest making a donation in their honor of any amount you choose to the Bellaire Club so instrumental in their sobriety? That gift will be most appreciated by the celebrants as well as the club. Ask anyone behind the counter for a card.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS . . .
All of the groups meeting at the Bellaire Club need your support. Remember: you may not need a meeting, but you may be needed at a meeting.
- The Bellaire Club 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has this roster of leaders. Thursday will be Ryan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- The Thursday Noon Group will be led by Monte S. this week.
- Chairing The Thursday Women’s Emergency Room Group this week is Angela B. who has invited Pam W. to lead the special birthday meeting. The meeting starts at 6:30 PM.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired by Arch A. and the knowledgeable and experienced Rick W. will be there to share his insights this Friday.
- Don’t forget Taco John’s regular Saturday Noon Birthday Meeting.
- The 11:00 AM. Sunday Speaker’s Meeting is being chaired by Doug DeB. and he has scheduled Garrett A. to tell his story. With over 23 years sobriety, Garrett was a regular at the Cathedral Group as well as the Autry House Group. He can still be seen at the Genesis Group as well as meetings in the Bellaire Club.
- Russell C. is chairing The Sunday Noon Meeting at 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group will be led in July by Adrienne W.
- And over on the men’s side, at The Monday Men’s Luncheon Group, Larry A. or Barry K. are manning up and leading the group.
- Rick W. and Robert P. will continue to chair the lively and ever growing Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Group.
- The Red-Eye Special Group that meets every Wednesday at 6:30 AM, is celebrating its seventh month with Larry A. and Robert P. there to guide it along. Baroque F. will be leading Wednesday.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.org and click on Meeting Schedule.
PARTING THOUGHTS (ON HAPPINESS)
- The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. Benjamin Franklin
- Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you’re being miserable. Clare Boothe Luce
- Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde