SATURDAY GAME AND CUPCAKE SOCIAL
The weather was awful. The perfect excuse to stay home and in spite of a very respectable turnout for the Saturday noon meeting, many club members apparently did. But enough intrepid sober party animals showed up and had a blast playing Texas Hold ‘Em all afternoon. It was a great way to spend a dreary Saturday afternoon with Jonathon L. there to guide things along with his knowledge and enthusiasm. Jonathan was the winner with Cathy S. fighting to the bitter end. The club even ended up with a bit more money than it had.
FOURTH OF JULY CLUB FIREWORKS
A holiday to be remembered! Blastoff started at 6:30 AM with a colorful and sparkling Red-Eye Special meeting led by Sonja M. The regular Wednesday Noon Meeting chair, Robert P. brought in big name, Ed B. to lead a spectacular packed house meeting.
When that ended, Mary F. and her energetic and resourceful crew were ready with all the holiday treats to feed the hungry crowd lined up down both hallways.
But even before the last one was served, Jonathan L. had gone to work organizing the start of the first ever Musicians Open Mike event. We were treated to heartfelt songs rendered by Henry D. on the keyboard followed by the zestful sounds of our own Bellaire Boys, Robert S., Jonathan F., Mike P. and Todd S. who took us jumping down memory lane. Even dancing stars Bryce and Victoria G. were moved to take their movements to the floor.
Richard M. treated us to a few soulful vocal renditions, including a patriotic My Country ‘tis of Thee. This was followed by a spontaneous jam session that included Bellaire Boys vocalist, Jonathan F., Robert S., and Todd S. joined by Adam S., James N. and singer, Steven T.
All of this provided the perfect background for members and friends of the club to gather and have a great time as a fun, functional family.
TO ALL DUES PAYING MEMBERS
Remembering to pay dues is not one of the promises. Be sure to stop by the club bulletin board to check to see if you are current. Remember dues are $20 per month, but if you pay by the year you get a break for $200. As always, your support is most appreciated. A special shout out to those who have heeded the notice and brought their accounts up to date.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS . . .
All of the groups meeting at the Bellaire Club need your support. Remember: you may not need a meeting, but you may be needed at a meeting.
- The Bellaire Club 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has this roster of leaders. Thursday will be Ryan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- Arch A. chair of the Thursday Noon Meeting has asked Daniel T. to lead.
- The Friday Two Dollar Meeting that meets at 12:15 is being chaired by Jane E. and the always there Margaret D. will lead the meeting this Friday.
- Don’t forget Taco John’s regular Saturday Noon Meeting.
- The group formerly known as the Saturday Speakers Meeting at 6:30 PM now is an Open Discussion Meeting with a speaker the last Saturday of the month
- The 11:00 AM. Sunday Speaker’s Meeting is being chaired by Doug DeB. and he has scheduled Ellen A. to tell her story. With three years sobriety, Ellen calls the Journey Group home but is active with other groups around town including Sober Voices, a telephone group for those unable to attend regular meetings.
- Russell C. is chairing The Sunday Noon Meeting he founded over ten years ago and Rebecca S. will be on hand to lead the meeting this Sunday at 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group will be led in July by Adrienne W.
- And over on the men’s side, at The Monday Men’s Meeting, Larry A. or Barry K. are manning up and leading the group.
- Rick W. and Robert P. will continue to chair the lively Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting
- The Red-Eye Special Group that meets every Wednesday at 6:30 AM, is celebrating its seventh month with Larry A. and Robert P. there to guide it along. They have asked Gary S. to take the lead Wednesday.
- Robert P. will chair the Wednesday Noon Meeting, the Where-U-At Group and will announce the leader later.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.org and click on Meeting Schedule.
PARTING THOUGHTS (IT’S ALL IN YOUR HEAD)
Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away
- We have met the enemy and they are us! Walt Kelly (Pogo)
- The hardest thing to open is a closed mind. Author Unknown
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. Dr. Wayne Dyer