Club treasurer Larry A. reports that there has been a good response to the call to replenish our coffers after we lost a chunk filing for our 501(c)(3) status. Memberships are being brought up to date and special donations to the cause have been made. Aren’t you proud to be a member of a club that always rises to the occasion?
If you have not done so yet, please check the bulletin board to see if you are current. To pay dues, just enclose the cash or check in an envelope clearly marked DUES and place in the no-dues-or-fees basket or safe. Dues are $20 per month or $200 per year. Remember: Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety and to keep a smile on the treasurer’s face.
501(c)(3) STATUS REPORT
Treasurer Larry A. also reports that he learned in a conference with the accountants handling our petition that we are dealing with a typical government office committed to staying healthy by not rushing into to things too hastily or being stressed out with overworking. It usually take about four months to realize anything. If it all works out in our favor, that just might be an extra special Thanksgiving Day celebration for the club.
- The monthly Game and Cupcake Social will be held the last Saturday of the month, July 28 following the regular Taco John’s Saturday Noon Meeting. Fun and sweets for the whole family.
- The annual General Membership Meeting of the Bellaire Club will be heldSaturday, August 18 at 1:30 PM. The highlight of the meeting will be the election of new board members to replace those whose tenure expires in August.
- The Bellaire Club’s Drunk Poet’s Society will present its third quarterly offering in August. This is an open mike session for all poets in the Houston area to share their work or to read favored poems by others. Date to be announced.
- AA Birthdays are usually celebrated during the last meeting of the month. The birthday board is fast filling up with some heavy hitters. Still time to squeeze yours in, if you have a July birthday.
AND TODAY’S LEADER IS. . .
Walking the road of happy destiny with a pair of ill fitting shoes? Bought into that “one size fits all” business? Here is a slate of meetings with competent leaders who will be happy fit you.
- The Bellaire Club 12 & 12 Group that meets daily except Saturday has this roster of leaders. Thursday will be Ryan; Friday, Julio; Sunday, Ronald; Monday, Johnny M.; Tuesday, Lawauna S. and Wednesday, Ralph.
- Jerry C. will take the lead at the Thursday Noon Meeting.
- Arch A. will be leading The Friday Two Dollar Meeting this Friday. The meeting begins at 12:15
- Don’t forget Taco John’s regular Saturday Noon Meeting.
- Doug DeB. chair of the 11:00 AM. Sunday Speakers Meeting has announced thatBo B. will be telling his story this Sunday. With over seven years sobriety, Bo’s home group is the West Chase Nooners, but he can also be seen at The Journey Group.
- The Sunday Noon Meeting chair, Russell C. has asked Gary B. to lead this Sunday. Meeting time is 12:15.
- The Monday Noon Hope and Healing Women’s Group is being lead this month byAdrienne W.
- And over on the men’s side, The Monday Men’s Meeting will be guided by Larry A. or Barry K. If desired, you may bring your lunch.
- Rick W. and Robert P. are leading the Blankety-Blank It’s Tuesday Noon Meeting.
- The 6:30 AM Red-Eye Special Group meets every Wednesdaywith Larry A. andRobert P. there to guide it along. They have asked Georgia T. to take the lead Wednesday.
For a complete list of all meetings held at the Bellaire Club, please go to our website bellaireclub.org and click on Meeting Schedule.
PARTING THOUGHTS (ON TAKING CHANCES)
- You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there Will Rogers
- If you don’t ask because you might be refused, you’ve already refused yourself.Nisandeh Neta
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right. Henry Ford